Sunday, March 28, 2010

Taking Too Much Time

Taking Too Much Time

He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 1 Thessalonians 5:10 NIV


With a six year old grandson and three bathrooms in my house any given day can be chaotic and last week was no exception.

I have a tendency to forget to lock the main bathroom door when in use. I could use my bathroom in the master bedroom, but it's quicker and easier for me to go to the main bathroom. I have to admit I'm just a little lazy too.

There I was sitting and minding my own business (forgetting I forgot to lock the door) when all of a sudden Cameron burst through the door.

"Maw-ma, I've got to go real bad."

I tried to explain to him I was in the bathroom first and he would have to wait until I finished and he could use another bathroom.

I waited for him to retreat, but he stood there ever so stern.

"Cameron, maw-ma was in here first. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait your turn."

Well, with his six year old impatient wisdom he replied matter-of-factly,"you're taking too much time."

I wanted to scold Cameron for being impertinent, but I couldn't help but laugh at my grandson's "observation."

I was taking too much time because he had interrupted me. It wasn't his fault, it was mine for not locking the bathroom door.

The day Cameron "interrupted me" made me think about how the Lord interrupts our lives daily because we are "taking too much time" in our walk with him. Our lives can be calm instead of chaotic if only we would stop being lazy and taking too much time accepting Jesus into our lives.

© Debra Ann Elliott 2010

4 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN....we need to stop and LISTEN to HIM who loves us most!!
Hugs,
andrea

PS: I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thank you Andres. I will go and reply to your prayer request.

Hugs,
Debra

Rita's Random Ramblings said...

True! Great advice!

Happy to see you writing, hope this means you are doing much, much better. (((Debra))), Rita

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thank you Rita. It feels good to get back into the swing of things. My grandson was my inspiration. I am working on another piece entitled "Stepping on Frogs."

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates