Saturday, January 29, 2011

God's Plan: Growing as a Writer

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” Alexander Graham Bell

Today I thought my door to writing had closed and I was too busy wallowing in self-pity I may have not seen another door open.

I got a rejection email from a major romance publisher and I actually thought about giving up my writing career.

My other door did open today! I got an acceptance email for freelance(paying) work.

I am ecstatic, enthused and elated. It's a great opportunity for me to showcase my writing skills. I have been contracted by Birmingham Christian Parenting Examiner.

I will be able to post articles on topics I am passionate about and share my insight with others in my community.

I know God provided this opportunity and I am grateful I can post articles in which other Christian parents can relate.

3 comments:

Debbie Dillon said...

Praise God for the open doors, AND for the closed ones, too - just means the door He opens is the right one. Please, don't ever give up. If God has put it on your heart to write His words, then He'll keep opening those doors and paving the way. God Bless you in your efforts :)

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thank you Debbie. Your words are so true.

Anne said...

Congrats!! God is in control and knows where/how/when to use the words he's given you. Visiting from the LBS!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates