Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WONDER WOMAN? I THINK NOT!


I'm 50! It's suppose to be a magic number.

When I was 12, I couldn't wait until I turned 13. I would become a teenager and it was a magic number. Turning 13 was overrated.

When I was 15, I anticipated the days before I turned 16. I could drive, I could date! Turning 16 was overrated! There was no magic, only another  year older.

The years filtted by, 21, 25, and before I could blink I turned 40. The best years of my life?

Forty was supposed to be the new 20. I wanted to turn back the hands of time, but I had no magic left in my weary self.

Before I could get too disgruntled with forty I was 50!

Now, I was bombarded with AARP letters welcoming me to the Senior life....

Was this suppose to encourage me to become a better me?

Do my friends and family now expect with age comes wisdom and I am Wonder Woman?


Well, news flash, yes I am 50, glad I made it this far, but Wonder Woman I'm not nor will I ever be.

I'm just contented to be fifty and me....

2 comments:

Zanna said...

I agree totally.

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thanks Zanna.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!