Monday, February 14, 2011

A Different Kind of Valentine's Day Poetry

I wrote these poems in 2009.






The Lord's Mercy

Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2 NIV

Shower me with your love, O Lord...
Let mercy rain down on me.

Shower me with your peace, O Lord...
Let mercy hear my plea.

Shower me with your love, O Lord...
Let mercy set me free.

Shower me with your peace, O Lord
Let mercy pay my fee.

Shower me with tender mercy, O Lord...
give me love and peace.




Yea, Though I Walk

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk
through the valley of death...
Jesus is with me through my
last breath.

He is there to guide...
my fear will subside.

Yea, though I walk
through the shadows of doubt...
Jesus is with me
throughout.

He is there to lead...
He is all I need.



Lord, You Are My Harbor

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

Lord, you are my harbor
always protecting and guiding...
In you I am always
abiding...

Lord, you are my harbor
my light, my beacon...
In you I am always
seeking...

Lord, you are my harbor
in the darkness of my prison...
In you I am always
forgiven...

5 comments:

shelly said...

I like the Lord's Shepherd. I always say that one out loud when I'm afraid. Repeat it a lot in my head when I'm dreaming.

Renee Ann said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing this. Blessings!

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thanks for the lovely comments.

jayedee said...

thank you for sharing this lovely post. i'm woefully behind, as per my usual!

Debbie said...

Nice post. So nice to meet another Debra who's a Christian and writes, too.
Visiting from Edge of Escape

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates