I have the pleasure this week of writing on the subject of love for the Christian Writers.com February blog chain on the subject of love. Here is my take on the subject. To read more just click on the links to the right listed under christianwriters.com blog chain.
The most famous sonnet in the world was written by Elizabeth Barret Browning to her great love Robert Browning. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
This is a beautiful sonnet and I have chosen to write about the Love of Jesus using the stanza's.
How do I love thee Jesus? Let me count the ways....
1. I love Jesus to the depth, breadth and height my soul can reach.... Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39 NIV
2. I love thee Jesus to the level of everyday's most quiet need... By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we are of the Truth, and can reassure (quiet, conciliate, and pacify) our hearts in His presence. I John 3:19 AMP
3. I love thee Jesus freely, as men strive for Right... Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion. Philippians 2:1 NIV
4. I love thee Jesus purely, as they turn from Praise... I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame. Psalms 138:2 NIV
5. I love thee Jesus with a passion put to use in my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith... The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3 NIV
6. I love thee Jesus with a love I seemed to lose with my lost saints... Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. I Corinthians 13:8 NIV
7. I love thee Jesus with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life! Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalms 106:1 NIV
8. and, if God choose, I shall but love thee Jesus better after death... I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself. Psalms 89:2 NIV
Jesus loved us unconditionally, without question. He died on the cross for our sins, so we could live.
How do I love thee Jesus? With every fiber of my being.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13 NIV