Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Morning Coffee and Conversation with Debra Tuesday February 22nd


 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  
Psalm 118:24 NIV

Good morning! Today is a brand new start to something a little different. Today I am bringing you  Morning Coffee and Conversation with Debra. Every morning join me for coffee and conversation.

Let's be honest. What's the first thing you did this morning when you woke up? Did you hit snooze on your alarm, did you jump up and rush to get that first cup of coffee and get the kid off to school? Whatever you did this morning where your in a hurry?

If you're like me I don't do morning's well until I've had my first cup of coffee and then I rush through my day. When I went to bed last night I thought where had my day gone, it was just a blur.The verse from Psalm 118:24 kept replaying over and over in my head before I finally fell asleep. I realized I am always in a hurry throughout my day. I don't rejoice and I'm not glad. I just want the day to be over.

As I sit here drinking my morning coffee, I have to stop and remember this is the day the Lord has made. He wants me to rejoice and be glad in it. God doesn't want us to rush through the day. We have to savor every moment of His glorious creation. There are twenty-four hours in a day, what do you do with your's?







6 comments:

shelly said...

Mornings are hard due to adrenal fatigue but I think best first thing. Don't drink caffeinated beverages so I down a big glass of water and a cup of hot herbal tea. After, I eat some breakfast. Wake the dogs. Walk and feed them. Every other day, I weight train instead of everyday. When that's finished, I begin my writing for the day, which depends on what time I need to show up for work. This morning I wrote for about thirty minutes filling in a gap between three chapters in Secondhand Shoes. Now, I've got to get ready for work. Working til 9 pm. Ho-hum...would rather be writing but have to be thankful for my job. It's what pays the bills for now.

jayedee said...

i'm up early every day but i move in slo-mo until about noon lol
i would be such a night-owl if i allowed myself to be...i'm really much more efficient, in everything i do, during the wee small hours. if only the rest of the world would cooperate!

Mrs. E said...

I'm definately an early morning person. Pretty blog!
http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com

Mika said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder.
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Mika

Jessica said...

I am blog hopping today and I am happy I found your blog.

Please stop by and say hello and follow (if you aren't already) my blogs as well:

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

and So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there!!

Have a blessed Tuesday!! :0)

mymy said...

lovely post! '...rejoice and be glad in it." loved that. :)

followed your blog through gfc, networkedblogs, and twitter. hope you can follow mine, too

many thanks
have a blessed day!

mymy
My bric-a-brac

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates