Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday March 28th - Grace

Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Monday! Can you believe March is coming to an end. In my neck of the woods it will be going out like a lion.

Today I am going to talk about grace.

March is not bowing out with grace...
Sometimes we don't either.

Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. John 1:16 NIV

How so important grace is in our lives...
One of my favorite hymns is Amazing Grace. The words tell us a story of grace. These are words we need to live by. Without grace we are lost.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.


 


7 comments:

Dawn said...

I love love love this song! It popped into my head this morning while I was in the shower, "my chains are gone, i've been set free!" then hear it is again later in the day on your blog!

Have a blessed day!

Lisa Mikitarian said...

Grace--a beautiful word and concept. Hope we all have a day brimming with it.

shelly said...

Beautiful.

The Desert Rocks said...

Very graceful!

Colene Murphy said...

Very lovely!

E.J. Wesley said...

Beautiful post, Deb! I'm floored by how quickly March has disappeared, but April is my birth month so I always welcome it.

EJ

Sunny li said...

HI i SEARCH AND FOUND YOUR GRACE PICTURES WITH A HAND - SO COULD I USE IT ON MY WEB PAGE - RIVER OF GRACIOUS GRACE. THANKS.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates