Thursday, March 3, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 3 Blessings


It's day three of NaBloPoMo(National Blog Posting Month) .The theme for March is IN A WORD. My word today is blessings.




Blessings come in many different forms and venues. I have many blessings to count. Among my favorite blessings are the Irish blessing, Bing Crosby's 'Count Your Blessings' and the blessings from the bible.

I love the Irish blessing. It is so simple, but a wonderful blessing of peace and hope.



 
When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

Songwriter: Cole Porter
Sung by: Bing Crosby

When I get too busy and forget where I'm going I try to remember Bing Crosby's tune. It's a simple song, but another great reminder of how much we have to be thankful for in our lives.
 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
Psalm 103:2 NIV

I have many blessing in which I am thankful: my life, my family, my health, but the most important blessing in my life are the blessings I receive from the Lord. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3 NIV

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Philemon 1:3 NIV









2 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Just perfect!
I love blessings.
You be blessed.
By the way is they way we do this we chose our own word or the same as you and write it or...? This sounds fun!
Blessings

The Desert Rocks said...

Your blog is a blessing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates