Wednesday, March 2, 2011

NationalBlogPostingMonthDay2 Writer


Well, it's day 2 of the NaBloPoMo(National Blog Posting Month).  The theme for March is IN A WORD.
For my word today I find it only fitting to choose the word writer.
I am a writer! At least that's what I call myself. Other's may call me names I cannot or do not want to repeat, but it doesn't matter I am a writer...
It started at the tender age of fifteen in 9th grade creative writing class. I had just lost my day and one of the assignments was to write about a loved one. Of course I wrote about my dad. I poured all my emotions into those five short paragraphs. From that one changing moment in my life I've had ink in my veins instead of blood. I am a writer...

My office is cluttered with boxes of WIP's I have yet to finish, files litter my desk and data is forever etched on disks. I don't write for the money(though it would be nice)and  I don't write for the fame(I'll never be Sue Grafton). I write for myself. I write because I can. I am a writer...
I may have boxes filled to the brim and files overstuffed, but I actually have completed works published. I have two poetry books(didn't make a bucoo of money on that venture)but it didn't matter. I did it because I am a writer...
Also to my credit is four devotions published in a Christian humorous anthology(I did made decent money on that project) but it wasn't for the money. I am a writer...

Another personal essay was accepted for publication in Hurray God! For this I get paid upon publication and of course my byline. Byline's are important for writer's. Byline's get you in the door. Publishing my first poetry book opened many doors for me as a writer. Writing is in my blood. If someone was to tell me today I could never write or I will never be a writer, I would look them in the eye and say without any qualms I am a writer...

1 comments:

shelly said...

I'm exhausted today. And now I'm more exhausted just thinking how you keep up with all your blog pages. I'm running on fumes right now. What are you running on?

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!