Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RemembeRED - Kindergarten


This is my first time to participate in The Red Dress Club's writing assignment.
This week's RemembeRED assignment was to write a memoir piece about kindergarten.


I spent three years in kindergarten. From the age of 3 until I granduated when I turned 6 I spent my childhood confined to a place known as kindergarten.

I do have some happy memories.

I loved my teachers, I loved Christmas time, I loved the dance lessons...

I have some unpleasant memories.

Kindergarten is the time you form friendships. I was a loner. I didn't socialize well. I guess that's why my parent's sent me.


I remember learning my ABC's, and singing songs and nursery rhymes.

I remember having a crush on one of my classmates.

Do I miss those days of trasitioning from a baby to a kid?

Yes!

For three years I had no worries, no cares.

If I could, I would go back to kindergarten.


Kindergarten

We learned our ABC's
we learned our 123's...

We scraped our knees
we learned to say please...

We learned to read
We sang off key...

O, what I'd give to have those
special memories
once again...






4 comments:

The Desert Rocks said...

Cute poem. I remember walking to kindergarten with my friend. I wish I knew where she was today.

Not Just Another Mother Blogger! said...

When you said that you loved your "teacher's", I think that you meant "teachers". Other than that, wonderful, especially the poem!

Tiffany said...

Love the poem, that was a nice touch!

Galit Breen said...

That poem is such a lovely touch. And yes, school is bittersweet for sure! I loved the words "we sang off key"-- so very sweet; I could practically hear your class!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!