Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time Swirls

 This week I have the pleasure of writing about swirling for the Christian Writers.com March blog chain  My take on the subject of swirling is time swirling in honor of my grandson's 7th birthday.


If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
 I'd save every day like a treasure d then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with...
Songwriter:Jim Croce 
© TIME IN A BOTTLE;CROCE PUBLISHING


 Time swirls...it swirls through the atmosphere, like it swirls through life. Time is like tiny dandelion seeds picked up and carried away with the wind. It is tossed upon the sea. Time does not stand still for anyone.  Time is like grains of sand in a hour glass. It is measured by seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years. Time is like ripples in a pond. This is how we count time, but God counts our time immeasurably in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. There is a time for everything ...






There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
 Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV 



To read more great works just click on the links below.



























11 comments:

breathedeeply.org said...

Gorgeous photos this morning, Debra. Love the Ecclesiastes passage. Time for us is but a breath, but for God, eternal. Happy 7th Birthday to your grandson!

Keith Wallis said...

Great post Debra.
Brought to mind the song 'who knows where the time goes' by Sandy Denny.

Victor Travison said...

I know I've heard Croce's song before, but I can't think of the tune. Anyway, your prose almost sounded like poetry itself. I enjoyed it, Debra.

~ VT

Sheila said...

Even your header swirls (the swirls in the cup). Good thoughts. Time does have a way of slipping away from us!

E G Lewis said...

Time in a Bottle is one of my all time favorite song. Such a tragedy that Jim Croce died so young. As you said, there is a time for everything...
Great post, Peace and Blessings.

Tracy Krauss said...

Ecclesiastes is one of my favorite books in the Bible so I really appreciated your post. Also, I loved that picture with the trees and face juxtaposed together. Beautiful. Since you also had lots of St. pat's day stuff, top 'o the mornin' to ya!

Susan Kane said...

The grandson is precious. St Patrick changed a whole nation's future.

Pk Hrezo said...

Happy St. Patty's Day. I'm a new follower coming over from the blogfest. What an adorable grandson you have. :)
Nice to meet you!

Suzanne said...

Excellent observation. Time definitely has swirls and eddies. It is simply the pattern of life for nothing to stay the same. Besides, if we keep up the water analogy, who wants to become stagnant water? Now I just need to remind myself of this the next time God nudges me to move out of my comfort zone!

Anonymous said...

I really like the broken hourglass and I wanted to use it, and I would like to know where you got it. Is there are any copyrights to that image.

Melissa said...

Hi Debra,

I'd love to use the photo of the woman's face in the trees for our church's Women's Retreat. Please let me know if there are any copyright issues I should be aware of!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates