Saturday, April 23, 2011

100 Word Challenge-The Distance Between My Children

The 100 Word Challenge is a weekly writing challenge for writers. And by “writers”, I mean those who call themselves writers, aspiring writers, closet writers, those writers who don’t dare call themselves a writer, those who read and wish — I mean you, whoever you are.

What’s the Word?

DISTANCE
April 20 - April 23
The following is in response to Velvet Verbosity’s 100 Word Challenge: Distance.

The Distance Between My Children


It started before I even had time to gather my thoughts, my feelings....

The distance was wedged between my children and myself. I couldn't blame them nor did I want too.

It wasn't their fault. They were children.

It began over twenty-four years ago. I was in the middle of a bitter custody battle and lost custody of my four children. It was painful, beyond pain, my heart had been ripped out of my chest.

My boys didn't forgive the mistakes I made and now I suffer, for they hate me. I still love them!








9 comments:

Teresa said...

Very succinct, and very emotional. Thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

The first line really drew me in...loved the honest emotions in this entire piece.

Annette said...

The first part drew me in and the second part surprised - and moved - me.

barbara said...

Such a sad thing. Not as rare an occurrence as many might think. Thank you for sharing.

Tara R. said...

Beautifully heart breaking.

karin said...

How sad! I love the hopefulness in the last line!

FGHart said...

So much packed into these 100 words. Good job.

Linda H. said...

Good work, Debra. A very emotional piece in so few words.

Velvet Verbosity said...

So very very heartbreaking.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates