Thursday, April 21, 2011

2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 21




For today's prompt, write a second thoughts poem. You could have second thoughts about something you've done or thought in the past. You could write about someone (or something) else having second thoughts. Or you could even take a poem you wrote earlier in the month and flip it in a new direction.

Can I Do This?

Can I do this?
can I write the words on paper
for all the world to see...

Can I do this?
can I  etch my feelings in stone
to reveal the true me...

Second thoughts cloud my mind
can I do this?

Can I be me?

14 comments:

Linda H. said...

I wanted to write "Not always easy, especially for teens" but in all honestly, it doesn't matter what age we are. Writing in down on paper is even harder. It is set in stone and you never know when someone might pick it up and throw it back at you. Scary.

lynnaima said...

yes you can, and you did, cool :)
Enjoy the rally!
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/on-peace-and-wisdom-haiku-poem-ing-on/

Jingle said...

glad to see you make it to the rally.
smiles.

keep it up.

JL Dodge said...

passion lies in the written words, reading brings the pleasure ...
happy rally
JL&B

bendedspoon said...

You just did! Congratulations :)

fiveloaf said...

yes you can haha! nice! my thursday post : http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/me-before-us/

Peggy Nolan said...

This is like the writing assignment I'm working on this week, "15 Lies I've Told Myself" (still in my journal!) - but yes, it all boils down to "can I be me?"

Yes I can. And Yes you can! Nice work!

Alcina said...

Hmm..nice question to be pondered upon..

pretty Thoughtful and done nicely !

Alcina

1meremortal said...

This is great.

Vinay said...

Beautiful :) and yes, you did it! :D

Butterflies of time said...

Good for you .You did it .Courageous work.

moonscribbles said...

yes you can. nice one :)

Ewan Walker said...

You pose a good question, and my response would be, based on what I've just finished reading, yes you can!

pandamoniumcat said...

Well you did and you did it well...Well done!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!