Thursday, April 21, 2011

Alphabe-Thursday Letter A :A is for author

Jenny Matlock

Welcome to round three of Alphabe-Thursday!

Today we will be observing all aspects of the letter: A

A is for author

Jenny Matlock is hosting another great Alphabe-Thursday
Today's letter is A and I've chosen the word author and to write about my favorite A author's.

Louisa May Alcott (November 29, 1832 – March 6, 1888)
Of course she is well known for 'Little Women' and 'Litte Men', but one of my favorite's
is "A Modern Cinderella" (1860) a short story.

A is for Louisa May Alcott author of A Modern Cinderella.

I also enjoy reading the works of William Apess
His works are a must read to understand what he went through during his life.

A is for William Apess author of An Indian's Looking-Glass for the White Men.



Author's are a very important part of my life. I love to read and I love to write.






13 comments:

Terra said...

I am not familiear with William Apess and I am thinking perhaps I should be...thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

Oh ...Little Women. It has been years since I have read that one!

lissa said...

I have yet to read 'Little Women.' but it is on my list. 'A Modern Cinderella' sounds intriguing. I read that when I get a chance.

I have not heard of William Apess but will check him out. Thanks for introducing these authors.

My favorite authors with A in their name is Alice Hoffman who writes beautiful tales of magic and humanity and Amy Tan. Her book, 'The Joy Luck Club' was one of the first that I've read and somehow relates to. You should them out when you get a chance.

Have a sweet day.

Sue said...

I'm big on reading, too. One of my favorites is good old Jane Austen. Not very original, I'm afraid.

But SHE was...

;)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

We have the same passion for books! It seems to me that a lot of our classmates share that passion.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Author is a wonderful A word. I love reading. I am reading wonderful blog posts by wonderful authors.

Diane said...

Thank God for good authors! :)

Judie said...

Those are a couple of great "A" authors you have there! Good post!!

upinthecosmos said...

Love Little Women. I'll have to check out the others:-)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What would we do without AUTHORS!!!
So important for ALL of us!
Have a great ALPHABET week!
Coralie

City said...

I love Louisa May Alcott. I read all her books in grade school and have re-read them as an adult. If we have a girl, I'm thinking of naming her Louisa. Great for the letter A.

Jingle said...

creative take on A.

Happy Sunday.

Jenny said...

Gosh, it's been years since I've read her...and I haven't heard of William Apess. The book he described sounds fascinating, though. I'm going to see if I can get a copy at the library to read.

I always love hearing about new authors, so I really appreciate your link here today.

A+

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!