Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 7 Blogging from A-Z Challenge is G for Gratitude



Can you believe we made it through our first week of the A to Z blogging challenge?

Wow! Congrat's to those who made it this far.

Today's letter is G and I've chose to write about gratitude.


Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.
Cicero

You are probably wondering what does gratitude have to do with writing? EVERYTHING!

Gratitude centers around recognition, appreciation and peace.

Being a writer means you want certain things out of life or you wouldn't do it!

I'll admit I want to be recognized for my work. But I have the gratitude of a humble servant, not the attitude of a stingy master.


I write so my words will be appreciated. It also goes without saying I would love to be appreciated as well. But appreciation can't come without gratitude.  Have the gratitude of gentle soul, not the attitude of a haughty writer.


I write to have peace, to show peace, to know peace. Peace in words does not come without gratitude.

Have the gratitude of a peaceful saint, not the attitude of an angry warrior.



So, you still think gratitude has nothing to do with writing? Think again...




2 comments:

thelmaz said...

lovely post and so true.

Halli Gomez said...

Beautiful! The world certainly needs more of this! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates