Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day10 Blogging from A-Z Challenge: J is for....

For today's letter, I've decided to do something a little different. Our local radio station has this thing called Two for Tuesday so today my Two for Tuesday is Joy and Jealousy.

Now, you may wonder how joy and jealousy are connected and what the pair has to do with writing?

Believe me! The secret to reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest joy from life is to live dangerously!
Fredrick Nietzsche

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.
William Penn

Writing brings you happiness, which in turn can bring you much joy. But with joy can come jealousy.

You reap the joy, but others can reap jealousy over your success. What about if you don't reap joy from your writing? Do you become jealous of other writer's success?

I know I'm guilty of being jealous, I think we all are. I've find out throughout my writing career and my life that you can't have joy with jealousy. It just doesn't work to your advantage. In other words "you can't have your cake and it it too!"

Do you want to go through a phase of joy or a period of jealousy?

You choose what path to take in your writing, in your life....

Joy is a much better way to success!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very nice post.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

VERY GOOD POST!!!I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Powerful Woman Writer Award.
Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!