Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day11 Blogging from A-Z Challenge: K is for Kindness

K is for kindness...
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Some writers(I'm not one of them) believe kindness has no place in the profession of writing.
In the field of writing kindness can go a long way. It can make or break a person who wants to write.

I've been writing a long time and without kind words along the way I would given up.

I've gotten my share of not-so-nice critics. I've even gotten hate mail, but I gotten more than enough kindness to outweigh the ugliness.


Be kind to your writing neighbor....you never know how you'll be repaid!

8 comments:

Anne K. Albert said...

Loved the line "Some writers...believe kindness has no place...in writing". Sadly, some people believe kindness has no place in life. Both groups lose out on a grand scale.

Great post...kudos!

shelly said...

You know, I've found the same. A lot of unkind writer's. Prima Donnas that have let their success go to their heads.

All writers have issues. I know I've still got them and I'm working on them. But, I'll keep writing and studying.

Thanks for another encouraging post!

Arlee Bird said...

This is a wonderful post that we should all heed. Kindness will be repaid eventually if not immediately and even if not repaid by another the self-payment makes it worthwhile.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Raising Marshmallows said...

Yes, the writing business can be harsh. It's nice to read a post about being the opposite.

The Desert Rocks said...

Very true!
Love your Kind posts!

thelmaz said...

Nice and very true.

Linda H. said...

So true.

upinthecosmos said...

Such inspirational words you choose... I almost felt like Yoda there... LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!