Monday, April 18, 2011

Day15 Blogging from A-Z Challenge: O is for Optimistic/Optimism

For today I am switching gears. Saturday I wrote about nothing, so today I am writing about being optimistic.

I writer has to be optimistic! When you are stuck and have nothing to say be optimistic.

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Gautama Buddha

Take all your negatives and turn them into positives!
I recently received a couple of rejections, but you know what? I didn't take it personally, like I would have a few months ago. I was optimistic! The next day I received an acceptance email for a story I had written.
Optimisim is a good thing for writer's to carry in their pocket. Have it on hand for any occasion.


5 comments:

Judy said...

Optimism is so important yet it can be a difficult habit to cultivate :) Great quote from Buddha -- I'll keep that in mind!

thelmaz said...

I've become more optimistic as I've gotten older, perhaps because I realize what things are really important. I like the idea of carrying optimism in your pocket.

Anne K. Albert said...

Being an optimist, I agree wholeheartedly. I also love your graphics. And congrats on the short story acceptance!

GigglesandGuns said...

Optimism lke wine improves with age.

upinthecosmos said...

The Buddha quotes is one of my favs! Love it:-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates