Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day16 Blogging from A-Z Challenge: P is for Precision

Today I was almost tempted to write about procrastination, but then I realized that there would probably be a hundred posts about procrastination. Instead, I have chosen precision.

The precision of naming takes away from the uniqueness of seeing.
Pierre Bonnard


A writer needs precision. It's a skill a writer can't live without...

A writer should have the precision of a poet and the imagination of a scientist.

Vladimir Nabokov


Concision in style, precision in thought, decision in life.

Victor Hugo


Be precise in your writing to convey what you are saying...



Language is a tool adequate to provide any degree of precision relevant to a particular situation.


Kenneth L Pike

Are you a precise writing machine?

2 comments:

Karen S. said...

Oh I try to be! Like a fine well oiled writing machine....it's what we have to do everyday first because we can't help ourselves second cuz we can't help ourselves oh yeah and third same thing! Great post....love the photos with it! I have to take some time and check out all these fun posts you have...and give some of them a try! Have a great writing day!

upinthecosmos said...

I'm not precise at all. I'm more of a freestyle, off the cuff writer. I do it for fun though so I'm ok with that I guess... for now:-)

Procrastination... now that's a P that I know I have in spades! Stop in & read P is for Purple

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!