Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day18 Blogging from A-Z Challenge: R is for Reading



R is for reading....


I love to read....I also love to write!
Which came first? My love for reading or my passion for writing?

I don't think I would be as passionate about writing, if I hadn't picked up my first book many years ago.

Reading is a very important aspect to an author's career.

Can you be a great author if you hate to read?

Yes, writing is a wonderful talent, but you have to feel it, live it and without the breath of the written word, writing is null...

I'm sure a lot if writer's would disagree, but for me reading is what's makes me who I am.

Before my grandson was born I bought over a hundred books for him to read. He's seven now and must have close to 500! Why? Because, reading opens so many wonderful doors:

It opens the door to imagination, to wonderment, to writing...

If you know me at all, you know my favorite authors are Thoreau and Gibran.

I began reading their work when I was about 10 or 11. They were my influences, they were(are) my hero's. Why? Because without their written words, I don't think I would have ever picked up a pen and discovered my love for writing.

Encourage someone to read, encourage yourself to pick up a book....

Reading helps the inner writer in you release the beauty of your words.

1 comments:

Cher Cabula said...

I love the idea of this challenge, I wish I could have joined though. Anyway, I wrote about it in my blog. I hope you can take time to check it out. It's at this this link.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates