Friday, April 8, 2011

Pieces of Debra


This week's writing prompts from The Writer's Club were:
1. Describe the events that led to the first time your heart got broken.
2. List the people that make up the pieces of you.
3. I love my best friend because….
4. Take a picture of yourself right NOW, What were you doing? Explain why you have not washed your hair and why you are still wearing pajamas.

For today I chose to write about the pieces of Debra...
The pieces of Debra are complicated...
Parents:
You see I had two sets of parent's.
I have my biological parents who gave me life and gave me my talent.
My biological mother gave me the talent for writing and for this I thank her.
I never knew my biological father, but I know he gave me my love of drums.
My adoptive parent's gave me love. They took a little baby and raised her as their own. They nurtured me and protected me. From them I learned to love.
Husbands and assorted boyfriends:
Boyfriends came and went, but each one created a piece of me that put me on guard, that made me cautious.
I had two husbands. Husband number one gave me three children.(My oldest child belongs to one of my assorted bf's) He also gave be various bumps, bruises and headaches. From him I had to pick up the pieces of Debra.
Husband number two(been married almost 25 years) He gave me confidence, created the pieces I am now.
Children:
I have four grown children. Each has created a piece of my heart, each has taken a chunk of my heart.
Grandchildren:
I only have one. He is my life. He makes all the pieces fit together for the pieces of Debra.
He is the last piece that makes me who I am...

5 comments:

Johanna said...

OMG, totally love your post. For some reason my linky took on wordpress does not work correctly (I have to find another linky took because this one has been giving me a problem)I think is working now.Thank you again for such a beautiful post. Also, do you mind if I take your blog and put in my penthouse. I have this thing in where a I do random member spotlights and give blogs a feature post. Let me know

Johanna said...

Debra, tried grabbing your button. Not working..

productjunkiemama said...

Wow! I hear strength in this post! You are a strong woman!

Stacey Donaldson said...

This is a wonderfully honest post, thank you so much for sharing. You are a phenomenal women with all your pieces in tact!

Following from the writing prompt hop:
http://www.thewritetomakealiving.com/2011/04/writers-club-i-love-my-best-friend.html

samsstuff said...

Great post, wonderfully honest!

Stopping by from The Writer's Club to say hi & take a look at your post.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!