Tuesday, April 12, 2011

RemembeRED -Long Hot Summers


This weeks prompt is inspired by a picture:
In 700 or fewer words, show them where your memory takes you.
Remember that this image is merely inspiration. Your piece needn't have a hose in your piece, but they need to easily see how you were inspired by it.
Link up today!


As a kid I loved summer. My fondest memories has to be running through the hose pipe and getting soaking wet. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so I didn't have any of the new fangled play toys kids have today.
I remember the long hot summers and how I would beg my parent's to turn on the water hose. I would spend what seemed like an enterity under the water fall of cold water until I was shivering.
I didn't care, I was having too much fun.

Another great and fond memory of the hose pipe was I couldn't go in the house to get a drink of water because I was wet, but I would always get a drink from the hose. You sure can't do that today!

I'd give anything to go back to the simple times when you could play under the water hose.


8 comments:

journeytoepiphany said...

I remember how when I took a drink out of the hose, it always tasted a little metallic, and COLD! So refreshing.

Louise Gallagher said...

I remember those hosey days too! Thanks for the memories.

Lisa said...

Oh to have simple times. I'm with you on that.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

Meryl said...

I loved running through the hose and I loved watering flowers and making all kinds of arcs and 'in the air water designs' with it. I think I watered the air and myself more than the flowers.

Great post. Thanks!

Sober Julie said...

Stopped by from TRDC
thank you for sharing your memories!!

Galit Breen said...

Those are such wonderful memories! I so hope that my own children look back on summer days with such fondness!

Amanda said...

Amen to that! We used to play in the water hose when I was growing up too! That was one of our favorite things to do at my Nana's house. My cousins and I would put on these cute little 80s jumpers (hey it was the 80s) and play until we were half frozen! Thanks for the reminder Debra :)

Connie Arnold said...

That was a fun time. Thanks for sharing the memories, Debra!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!