Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection of the Soul



This month I have the honor of participating in ChristianWriters Blog Chain on the topic of resurrection.

I picked today because it is Easter Sunday(the day Christ was resurrected.)


Jesus died on the Cross and on the third day was resurrected.


I want to focus on the resurrection of the soul...


I want to know Christ – yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Philippians 3:10 NIV

When we think of His death on the cross naturally we think of the horrific pain He went through.

He died on the Cross so we may live...


We celebrate Easter as the day of His ressurection...
but do we celebrate the resurrection of our soul?

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I Peter 1:3 NIV



Is your soul still hanging on the cross? Are you still lying in the tomb?

If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. I Corinthians 15:13 NIV


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1 NIV


On this Resurrection Sunday, are you prepared to resurrect your soul?

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you." Isaiah 60:1 NIV


            Jesus said to her, I am [Myself] the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live.  John 11:25 AMP

Today when you go to SONrise Service, think about what Jesus really did for you...
Let your soul be resurrected!         

To read more wonderful stories of the resurrection click on the links to the left.

14 comments:

lynnmosher said...

Unfortunately, there are no sunrise services here. Nothing but storms. But the Son rose in all our hearts! Inspiring thoughts and wonderful images, Debra. I never tire of reading what Jesus did for me and the world. Still hard to comprehend. Thank you!

The Desert Rocks said...

Just came home from Sonrise service and I'm not a morning person. Thank goodness the coffee's on....
Happy Easter Debra!

Judith C Evans said...

Beautiful start to this special morning...happy Easter to you!

E G Lewis said...

Great thoughts for Easter morning.
The Lord is Risen! Peace and Blessings

TraciB said...

Wonderful post, Debra! I pray all who read your post today let the Lord resurrect their souls. :)

Victor Travison said...

Because He lives, I live. Because He was raised from the grave, I can enjoy Eternal Life. I know I don't deserve any part of it--who among us does?--but He did it anyway.

This thought continues to amaze me.

~ VT

thebiblestop said...

Amen.

L.A.C.E. said...

Very beautiful. I don't think I've heard of it put quite that way before. Maybe I'm just listening better. Loved it either way!

Tracy Krauss said...

Some lovely pictures to go with the post. A great reat for the day

TheWriteChris said...

Our church decided to combine all services into one at a local amphitheater. It started with light drizzle and continued with a full rain throughout the service. I've never sat out in the rain for a church service or even a concert. A couple thousand brave souls were there in attendance and prayed and sang in the rain. It was moving and we felt blessed despite the weather. The weather cleared later in the day.

Scott Fields said...

Terrific Resurrection Day post, Debra. Thanks!

breathedeeply.org said...

A most blessed (though belated) Easter to you, Debra!

Adam Collings said...

You've brought a unique and interesting perspective to resurrection Debra. Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I wonder if you may be able to help me, I have been looking through Google images for a lovely picture of Jesus rising, and found this meaningful picture of Jesus on the cross, His death, followed by His Resurrection that is on your site. I have severe M.E., and am housebound, and find it very difficult to go to the shops to look for greetings cards. As Easter is coming soon, I was wandering if you would permit me to use your picture on about 10 Easter cards for my family and close friends, I know they would appreciate the picture so much. I would be very grateful. I look forward to your reply, and thank you for taking time to read my email. Many thanks. Love Angela xxx

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!