Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday-Please Forgive Them

Today I am participating in Thankful Thursday hosted by Lynn @ Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Tomorrow is Good Friday,it's also the day our Lord was crucified. I am thankful to Jesus for loving me so much , he dies so I may live. Where you there when they crucified my Lord?

The following account is fictional, but I can only imagine what went through His mind.

Please Forgive Them


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
John 3:16.

My body is racked with pain.... searing,piercing pain. The kind of pain only death can quell.

I see the crowd looking upon my tattered and bruised body. I see the faces of the believers, of the sinners through my blood drenched eyes.

Some laugh, some cry. I want to scream, WHY,WHY?

My body is dying, the crowd cheers as I am poked and prodded to see if I still breathe."Am I not flesh? Am I not a man, like you?"
"You cut me I bleed, you nail me to a cross I DIE!"

I died for the sinner who did not believe I was the Messiah, I died for the believer who knew I WAS!

My death did not come quickly, I died a slow, agonizing death.

The crowd yells, "Jesus, Son of God save yourself. Where's the miracle of your God?"
I say aloud, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
I am dead now, my head hangs down, but still I am prodded and pierced just to be sure. The Roman's don't want the false prophet performing any miracles on their shift.
I am taken off the Cross of Death... my family is saddened, the believers are mournful, the sinners are rejoiceful that the trouble maker is dead..
I am cleansed of the blood and wrapped in the clothing of the dead and taken to my burial place.
I lie there three days heavily guarded, just to be sure no miracle will occur and I AM REALLY DEAD!.....
I know my final resting place is not there, but in the arms of my Father... a place all believers will one day be, because I died for the sinner, so he may live.

10 comments:

Renee Ann said...

Very heartfelt post! Thanks for sharing this. Blessings!

Judy said...

What a beautiful way to tell this story. Have a blessed Easter.

Cindy said...

Awesome post, and so glad you shared it.

Hope you have a wonderful blessed Easter..

Hugs,
Cindy

(Florida) Girl said...

Wow. A powerful reminder.

Happy Easter.

Cat said...

Thanks for this post. Beautiful. You have a very good Holy Thursday, too.

I've left you an award over at www.katrinadelallo.blogspot.com. Come on by and collect your prize.

The Desert Rocks said...

Three days later. Risen! Hallelujah!

Elizabeth Young said...

How can we ever comprehend the great depth of His Love, that whilst we were yet sinners, he died in such agony for us?

journeytoepiphany said...

I am so thankful that He counted the cost and still paid the price...Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

Whoa girl... Powerful I hope your Easter was astonishing. See you this Thursday. Hugs, Lynn

Connie Arnold said...

This is a very compelling telling of the story of Jesus' death. Thank you for sharing it. Blessings to you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!