Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Writing Prompts : Mom's Club House Writer's Club

This week’s prompts are as follows;

#1 I am human, which makes me complex. Name five things about yourself that may drive other people crazy.

#2 Did you ever date anyone you met online? Do tell……

#3- List six reason why you need him/her.

#4- Becoming a teenager is difficult. Write a letter to your 13 year-old self.


I've chosen to write a letter to my 13 year -old self.


Dear Ann,

I wish I could be there with you when you discover this letter hidden in your diary. I'm writing to let you know your life will be full of a lot of heartbreaking moments.

You will think you are in love with that handsome football player, but it's only puppy love. You will fall in love many times and get your heart broken. Don't worry, you married a great man who loves you and your children very much. Yes, you will have children(four to be exact) Don't panic! You will make mistakes as a mom, but you will learn.

You also will become a grandmother to wonderful little boy.

In two years, you will lose your dad. It will be your turning point in life. From that very moment you begin to change.

You are no longer an innocent little child, but a rebellious teen-ager.

I want you to reflect on what I am saying in this letter. We are not meant to change our future, but be aware of the choices you make from this day forward.

Oh yeah, have fun....

Regards from your 50 year-old self.

5 comments:

Johanna said...

Beautiful!

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Carla said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Carla

Jannie Funster said...

WOW! A letter back to your teen self.

Very sorry to hear of your father's passing. My heart is with you on that.

Ahh, the heartbreaks yes, I think of the ones my daughter will go through, and this poem really speaks to me on that.

What an awesome original write.

journeytoepiphany said...

How wise you are not to "preach" to your 13 year old self, but to warn of a few bigger decisions!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates