Sunday, June 26, 2011

M.I.A.(MISSING IN ATTITUDE)


If you are a follower of my blog you probably noticed I have been M.I.A.

Yes, I was missing in action, but I've also been missing in attitude...

For the past few weeks my attitude left the building, it took a vacation without me. I was left without it to
guild my thoughts, my feelings, my actions.

As a Christian woman I am suppose to have the attitude of Christ. I'm not suppose to be nonchalant or complacent.

In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude of mind Christ Jesus had 
Philippians 2:5 NIV

I have to admit my attitude has not been Christ-like, it's been more demon possessed.

I have not been 'Little Miss Sunshine' nor 'Mary Poppins'. I've been 'Cruella Deville' and the 'Wicked Witch of the West.'

It's not a good thing when you lose your postive attitude for its evil twin.
My positivity walked out the door and didn't want to come back.

 I had to step back into reality and remember I am a child of God. He wants me to have a gentle attitude, a positive attitude, a meaningful attitude...

God gave me attitude to use for a greater purpose, not to destroy what He built up.



 Are you M.I.A.?

Has your attitude skipped town?

Don't be the person whose attitude stinks!

Be of the attitude of Christ....
be positive no matter the circumstance!


11 comments:

upinthecosmos said...

Man.... I've felt this way for a while now. I try to coax the attitude back but it doesn't want to stay.... guess that means I gotta work on the vessel first! :-)

The Desert Rocks said...

Missed you and can't imagine anything about you being wicked or whitchy, but I don't have to live with you. LOL. Glad you're back. Hugs!

Poetry Potluck said...

glad to see you back.
wishing you a lovely Sunday.


Reminding you to join jingle poetry potluck week 41 tonight.
Any poems are welcome.
Cheers.
Always, your poetry is sunshine to us!
Bless your weekend.
xoxox

Bethe77 said...

Glad you are back have missed you. God is gracious and This is an anwesome reminder and great post. Blessings

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. I had an attitude setback last month so I understand. I'm okay now; apparently you're getting there, too. Thelma Z (Google will not allow posting under Google account on some blogs).

Elizabeth Young said...

Missed you Debra Ann. Thanks for your courage and transparency here. Everyone of us needs an 'attitude adjustment' once in a while. As children of God He is gracious to teach His lambs, that we might walk in green pastures.

Eschelle said...

I have lots of those days, mainly because of my depression BUT thankfully my kids MAKE me get up and love the day. Without them I would be MIA at all times!

Nonna Beach said...

I missed you and am glad you recognized what was happening with your attitude and took a break to ponder, reflect and regroup. Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have our "Wicked Witch of the West" days, thankfully, with strength from God through the power of prayer and love from our families, we rise above, make amends where possible and start fresh !

Hugs,
Nonna

Halli Gomez said...

I've been wondering where you have been. Sorry to hear you were not... feeling yourself. Very glad to see you are back.

And thanks for the pep talk. You can't imagine how much I needed it! tomorrow I start cleaning out my desk because my position has lost it's funding. Oh well, more time to write!
Thanks!

Amanda said...

Glad to have you back on the blogging board! Praying for you :) Blessings, Amanda

lynnmosher said...

I knew I should have checked on you. I felt like something was not right. Forgive me. I pray you are doing better, sweetie! Blessings to you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!