Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freedom Isn't Free Without Sacrifice...


For the month of July I've decided to get back into the swing of writing and blogging. I've joined christianwriters.com July blogchain. The topic this month is 'Freedom'. Be sure to check out all the great blog posts for this month. Links are in the left sidebar.

Freedom is a difficult subject to tackle. It  has many different meanings and every individual has their own take.

 Because I live in America, I am afforded many freedoms. I have the right of free speech, freedom of religion and the freedom to choose. My forefathers paid a price to give me such freedoms. A great battle was fought to insure the people of what would become The United States of American would no longer have to live under tyrannical rule.

That battle was won, but not the war. Why?

Almost a century later our great forefathers had us in another battle. This battle was also for freedom, but freedom from the clutches of human beings who held people has chattel.

That battle was won, but not the war. Why?

People forgot the ultimate sacrifice. They forgot freedom isn't expendable. We have come to be a nation of people who believe freedom is a right that was just handed to us on a silver plate.

Freedom isn't just somthing to be taken for granted. Our freedom didn't come from fighting battles. It came from the one person who made the ultimate sacrifice. Freedom was afforded us by Jesus Christ, who died and paid the price so we could be free.

The next time you think about all the freedom's you have remember not when or where those freedom's came from but who they came from.

11 comments:

glnroz said...

GREAT post this morning,, thanks, glenn

Terrie said...

Amen! Thank you Debra wonderful post. I hope the war will be over soon!!

Traci B said...

Excellent post, Debra, and I like your new blog title. :)

From Carol's Quill said...

Thank you for the reminder, Debra. Thank you, Jesus!

Madeline Bartos said...

Awesome post. I often forget that my freedom comes from Jesus.

The Desert Rocks said...

Without Jesus I would be a slave.
His sacred heart has freed me.

lynnmosher said...

Freedom is never free; it always comes with a price tag. My Emancipator will always be Jesus! And I will spend eternity being grateful! Great post, Debra!

Cindee Snider Re said...

Amen, Debra! Great post!

MGalloway said...

Great post...as the Word says, we were "bought at a price."

wordobsession.net said...

A M E N!

Scott Fields said...

Great points, Debra. The one thing freedom has never been is FREE. We do tend to take that for granted, don't we. . . ?

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!