Friday, July 1, 2011

Sink or Swim Day 1


Note to self: sink or swim....

This month I am participating in the NaBloPoMo. The topic for July is Swim. I've chosen to write about the
proverbial phrase 'sink or swim.

Last month was not a great month for me. I sank. I couldn't stay afloat. I forgot how to swim.

It was easy just to give up and sink to the bottom of a quagmire. I flailed about caught in what seemed to be
a never ending bottomless pit. 

No life jacket was thrown to me. No rescuer came to my aid. 

I had given up but I knew I couldn't sink if I put my trust in the lifeguard. The one person who could
save me. 

I could escape the depth of the murky water and swim toward the shore with the help of the Lord.

He had been there all along waiting for me, waiting to rescue me.

He doesn't let us sink into the depth of the unknown. He is our lifeguard. He is our Savior.

When we need to swim, but instead sink like I did; call for help. He will calm the waters and take your
hand.  He will not let you sink into the abyss of the many dangerous waters waiting to take you to the bottom.

You have to remember to swim.... 






3 comments:

Madeline Bartos said...

Beautiful post! :)

Elizabeth Young said...

Thanks Debra for your encouragement. I'm so glad you're back!

Blessed and Fit said...

God is faithful - thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!