Saturday, September 10, 2011

Imagine No People



I have been on hiatus for a few months and decided it was time to jump into the water and get my feet wet by participating in the II challenge this week. 

I challenged Head Ant this week to write a letter to yourself and include the pros and cons on being you. 

This week I was challenged by Wendryn My challenge was to respond to this picture:
So here goes my take on the above picture...


IMAGINE NO PEOPLE

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one 
John Lennon

  It's hard to think of a world without people, imagine if we lived in a world of make believe and imaginary friends. What would this world be like? Would there be no more wars if people were fake?

Is it a stupid gesture to want to live in a pretend world with only imaginary friends where everyone could coexist?

I would love to live in such a world. I would love to turn on the television and not be overwhelmed with bad news  or open the newspaper to read depressing reports on the state of the world.

Maybe adults need more imaginary friends, at least you could control their thoughts and their being. Real people are out of control, we can't get along any longer.

Real people want to fight and argue over who's wrong or who's right.

So, if I could choose to live in a world of imaginary friends maybe I would. Maybe I would be stupid, but is it stupid to want peace, to want a world of real people who can stop(if only for a brief moment) bickering.

 Go ahead, be stupid for a minute, create a world of imaginary friends, litter your mind with peace and harmony...







11 comments:

Karen S. said...

Just simply Lovely...glad to see you back! Thanks!

Amy LaBonte said...

I agree with you! If only it were so...

Elizabeth Young said...

Great to have you in writing action again Debra! I have often wondered how you are doing and if your nephew was ever found. Your thoughts are so precious here. In my mind I'm wrapping my arms around you and giving you a huge hug.

Billy said...

Great questions, too often we only want to hear ourselves talk. Great sentiment, I enjoyed your post.

Diane said...

The picture reminds me of the quote by Niemöller:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Thank you for the wake-up today!

Tara R. said...

I like the idea of a world where we could all coexist in peace and harmony. Maybe not in our lifetime, or our children's, but maybe in our grandchildren's.

Debbie said...

There's nothing wring with a little stupidity and imagination from time to time.

alyssa said...

welcome back!

a very interesting argument you present here.. it's worth thinking about, i think. great approach to this challenge!

princessdardar said...

Litter your mind with peace and harmony..I like that :)

Kathleen Basi said...

I always loved that song, although these days I have to shake my head and think we miss the point when we long for idyllic utopias. When I start thinking along these lines, I start wanting to move to the top of a mountain in northern Canada, with no power lines and no mail service, so I'd never have to know what's going on in the rest of the world. But then I remember that's not really the point; we're living on Earth and people are imperfect and it will always be that way, two generations from now or twenty. We can only do the best we can, and consider our job well done.

It's a great sentiment, but hard to hold on to sometimes. Especially as election seasons ramp up. :/

Nona said...

It will be nice to live in a place where there will be no more bickering. A place where peace and harmony reign. One day I'll be living there with all my friends.
Beautifully written.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!