Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In Other Words: Suffering in Spirit





As some of my friends and blog followers know I have been battling with the fact I have an autoimmune disease and have been in a lot of pain. I had to step back from writing and blogging a few months. Today when I opened my email there set an email from Ruby for Women. The email was a post from Nina. Nina is part of the In Other Words Tuesday meme. I found her words very encouraging and decided I wanted to participate this week with my own In Other Words.


“The righteous cry out,
and the Lord hears them;
He delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and
saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Psalm 33:17-18  


 For several months I have been battling pain and depression. It had gotten so bad, that I stopped doing the one thing I love the most. I stopped writing. I gave up and in giving up I stopped honoring God.

My writing was a talent He gave me. It was something I could use to help others heal through the hurt.

Psalm 33:17-18 is a great reminder of His love and how He is close to use when we are brokenhearted ans crushed in spirit.

I had become brokenhearted because my pain caused me to suffer, not only did I let myself suffer, but I let those around me suffer. I forgot the Lord was close and all I needed was to call on Him.
  
My spirit became crushed. I had no will to be the person the Lord wanted me to be. I fell into the trap of self-pity. But the Lord had other plans for me. He saved me. He got me through my dark and depressing days and brought me into the light.

Psalm 33:17-18 is also a wonderful verse to carry with you throughout your day. 

He does deliver us from trouble, He is close to  the brokenhearted and He saves those who are crushed in spirit. I know, because He did it for me! 

If you would like to participate in this weeks meme, stop by and visit Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

2 comments:

Renee said...

I am so sorry to hear of your condition. Wavering in faith is understandable,given your circumstances, but it's good to know that your standing strong now. I'll keep reading if you keep writing. Even if you can only type one word. Wishing you peace in the mist of it all.

The Desert Rocks said...

Without Him I am nothing. Words to live by.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates