Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to our 95th Road Trip Wednesday!




Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

 We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link -- or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments @ YA HIGHWAY

This Week's Topic:
What themes, settings, motifs, scenes, or other elements do you find recurring in your work?


I think because I am from the South my YA characters all tend to be Southern. I form them from deep in my imagination, but somehow they end up modeled after Scout in 'To Kill a Mockingbird.' 

I really don't know why I write them that way, maybe because I love Harper Lee, maybe I am reliving my childhood.

My characters are poor, but strong. They live in out of the way places and out of the ordinary. I want them to be heard, to come alive with a strong Southern voice.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

There are worse characters you could model yours after!

Kate Hart said...

Love a good, authentic southern character! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates