Tuesday, October 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo is Upon Us Writers

Well, it's that time again! NaNoWriMo is two weeks away. For those who may still be living under a rock NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Basically, you have 30 days to write 50,000 unedited words to create your novel. There are prizes at the end of your month long ordeal.

This is my third year. The last two times I didn't finish, I let life get in the way. This year I plan to complete my novel in 30 days and collect my prize.

I would love a few NaNo buddies:debraannelliottwriter

If you are competing this year...way to go! Are you palms sweating yet?

This year's project is romantic fiction.

 
CHANGE OF PLANS


Zelda Zimmer has it all: a great life, a fabulous career and a handsome fiancé. Her future is mapped out until she reads the pink plus sign on the home pregnancy test. Zelda's world falls apart. Desperate to keep her job and save her upcoming marriage Zelda tries to hide her pregnancy. When Howard her finace finds out things get ugly. He gives her an ultimatum: me or the baby. Zelda doesn't like ultimatums. She chooses the baby and her life changes forever.

Dr. Reed Miller is on vacation in the Montana mountains when is vacation is interrupted by a very pregnant Zelda Zimmer. He delivers her baby and is forced into their lives against his better judgment.
Reed isn't prepared for a make-believe ready made family. He already has one.

Plans change. For Zelda Zimmer and Dr. Reed Miller their plans become intertwined. When Zelda goes into labor while hold up in a Mountain cabin Dr. Reed Miller is the only doctor available. Zelda must rely on a complete stranger to save her and her baby and keep her secret.

3 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Good luck with NaNo. It looks like you're ready. :)

Tracy Krauss said...

This will be third year, too. My first year I signed up but didn;t get around to writing at all! last year I hit 50,000 on Nov. 23 with days to spare. I'm stoked for this year. :)

Beverly Diehl said...

Good luck, good writing! If only they had a NaNoEdit group!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!