Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Who Me? Insecure

I found this great writer's group over at Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog.

Today is my first post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group.

Who me? Insecure. I write, therefore I'm insecure... I know I'm a good writer, but am I great? I get rejection after rejection until I want to scream. I even stopped writing for a while and gave away all my writing books. I wasn't going to come back, but the voice in my head wouldn't leave me alone.

So here I am, a glutton for punishment. I write, therefore I suffer.

I want my writing to be all it can be. I guess I need to be my own drill sergeant so I can shape up or ship out.

I get a lot of positive feedback on my blog post, but it's the editors and publishers attention I want. I think my problem is I get stuck. I can't get over certain hurdles. Once I try to go pass the 1000 word mark, my writing falls apart.

I would love your feedback. Critic my work.


















The Insecure Writer’s Support Group

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time.

Connecting: His page will list those who are participating. It also allows for comments if you have an immediate need. This where we can help one another. Check his page whenever you visit – if you can help a fellow writer, hop over to their blog and offer assistance. Be watching for updates!

7 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Debra, maybe you are meant to write short stories? Sometimes I think our writing might be trying to tell us something. You should try flash fiction and see if that's easier. Getting used to that might get you past the hurdle too. You never know.

Karen S. said...

So far I've enjoyed everything you've posted....and this is quite an interesting blog you showed us...keep writing and being just who you are...we each are all special CUZ there's only one of us and we all have much to say and share in this journey of life....!

The Desert Rocks said...

Here to give you positive feedback and daresay, you sound like you don't want me because I'm not an editor or a publisher! Debbie, I get rejected every day and I've been getting rejection letters since before you were probably born. Take heart in the fact that you are light years ahead of those who are just now deciding on getting published. Congratulations on staying true to the voices in your head telling you to remain true to yourself!

Diane Carlisle said...

Remember to always write because it's in your heart and soul to do so. When you pump out something really great, share it, workshop it and make it the best it can be. Keep on submitting your work and never give up. =)

And keep marketing yourself, even if you don't yet have a product, because when you finally get something out there, you want to have a following already. Word of mouth! Good luck, Debra.

Beverly Diehl said...

Blogging and writing short stories and trying different things - long short stories, essays, comments - everything helps build those writer muscles and make us faster, stronger, better (and prolly still insecure, but comes withe the territory!)

Nicole Pyles said...

Ah, its writing we suffer for, and the joy of telling a story with the hopes that one day you will get published. I know how that is! It is just something to keep going and doing regularly! Keep at it!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Believe in your writing. I know you want validation from a publisher, but get it from yourself first. You have what it takes to succeed!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates