Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2011 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 2

For today’s prompt, use an epigraph to kickstart your poem. That is, use a quotation. You can use a favorite of your own, or if you’re having trouble thinking of one, I’ve provided a few below. To format an epigraph poem, a poet places the quotation between the title and the body of the poem, while also giving credit to the source of the quotation.

Here is day two.

My Mind Has a Mind of Its Own

“Don’t believe everything you think.” Maxine

My thoughts are jumbled
in a vat of confusion

I think therefore, I am…

My thoughts are misquoted
in a world of delusion

I think therefore, I am…

My thoughts are imaginary
in a world of illusion

I think therefore, I am…

A writer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!