Friday, December 16, 2011

Trials Tribulation and Trust

One of the first things we do in the middle of trials or tribulation is shut down. We let Satan win when we fail to trust in the Lord with all our heart.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1 KJV

For me this past few days I've made some personal choices in my walk with the Lord. If you have read my blog you know that Monday and Tuesday were bad days for me. I prayed faithfully Tuesday night for the situation to change. God answered my prayers and on Wednesday the situation looked hopeful, but it would only be the beginning of Satan's destructive path.

Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. Jeremiah 7:8 KJV

You see, I trusted not in my Heavenly Father, because I got caught up in the web of Satan's lies. I believed things had really changed, but Satan was determined to trap me and let me die spiritually in his web of deceit.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7 KJV

I chose to walk away rather that stay and fight a battle I would lose. I knew I should not let Satan win. I trust in my Heavenly Father to know that He will provide what I, what my family needs.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2 KJV

When I made a commitment to be re-baptised and tithe as I was commanded I also knew I would battle forces beyond my control. Satan doesn't want to lose another soul to good. He wants to keep a spiritual soul in a dark pit with no way out.

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7 KJV

I put my trust in the Lord in my time of trials and tribulation because He is my Father, He is my Salvation, He is my Fortress, He is my Stronghold against all evil that will come against me to try and destroy my faith.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. II Samuel 22:31 KJV

4 comments:

L.A.C.E. said...

Oh thank you for this post. I know you wrote it for you, but it feels as though you wrote it for me. I'm going to bookmark this particular post as I know I'm going to be needing to read it over and over again during this dark time. Thanks again for writing :D

Anonymous said...

Dear Debra,
Thank you for sharing this timely word as it's just what I needed to hear! I know the Lord truly put this on your heart to share with others. It has encouraged me to hang in there in my own trials and tribulations and to keep trusting God.
Many blessings on your day, Debra!
Anne S.

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Yes, Satan indeed wants our souls at any price. However, we don't have to fight him with our strength. When we trust God, He steps in and fights for us. When I have circumstance similar to yours, I too drop to my knees and cry out, "Father! I am too weak to fight!" Somehow, the strength comes. Praying for your situation, Debra.

Ultimate Woman said...

I was in the process of looking for an image to go with my blog I wrote "Trials & tribulations". I saw the image, "Trust in the Lord with All your Heart" and it lead me to your blog.
God is an Awesome God...Thank you for this blog.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!