Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Years Quest





Quest:The act or an instance of seeking or pursuing something; a search.


EAGERLY PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest]; and earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts), especially that you may prophesy (interpret the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching). 1 Corinthians 14:1  AMP


Making your ear attentive to skillful and godly Wisdom and inclining and directing your heart and mind to understanding [applying all your powers to the quest for itProverbs 2:2 AMP


During a new year many people seek things they cannot attain. I used to be one of those people. Every year I would make my resolution. I would seek something I already knew would be impossible to find. I kept failing my quest for perfection. I had to step back and realize I am not perfect, but I do have a different quest I must attain.


This year my quest will take me in a different direction, down a different path. This year I will seek the gifts God has for me. My quest may not be easy, but a quest is never easy.

This year I will eagerly pursue, seek and acquire love. Last year the love I had in my heart faltered and I lost it somewhere along the path to spirituality. I will earnestly desire and cultivate  my spiritual gifts. I will make this my great quest!

I will make my ear attentive to skillful and godly wisdom. I will direct my heart and mind in the direction of understanding. I will apply all my powers to quest for these things this year!

What is your quest for the new year? Will your earnestly desire and apply all your powers to seek what you are searching for?




This post is part of January's Christian Writers Blog Chain. You can read more great post by clicking on the links to the right. The topic this month is quest. 


19 comments:

Suzette said...

Blessings on your quest! I will continue to pursue my own, those verses were awesome, thanks for sharing!

Traci B said...

Thanks for sharing your quest and those verses from the Amplified Bible with us, Debra. I've been posting about my quest on Tracings and Circular Praise - not calling it a quest, but that's what it is. My quest this year is for consistency and obedience in following through with my commitments to myself. I'm pretty good about completing commitments to other people, but when it comes to the ones I make to and for myself, they tend to go by the wayside. This year I'm praying and striving to change that.

The Desert Rocks said...

'Seek and ye shall find.'
I'm sure you will attain your spiritual quest.
Blessings for a Happy New Year!

From Carols Quill said...

The scriptures from the Amplified Bible were perfect, Debra!

I set goals which I quest toward each year. This year, I'm dividing them up according to spiritual, writing and personal and sharing them on my blog.

Please come back and review your quest with us throughout the year. Let us share in your successes -- or nag you -- whichever you need most. LOL

E. G. Lewis said...

Wise thoughts. All to often we chase after the dross and ignore the gold. Peace and Blessings.

Bill Jones said...

Thanks for those thoughts. I'll share my ongoing quest in my blog tomorrow.
I like your plan to pay attention to godly wisdom - it is all around us, but we have to listen closely and filter out all the useless info and noise that's all around us too

Jack Brown said...

this is a worthy quest indeed.
biiiiiig hug

Mike said...

Thank you for sharing your goals for this year. I can't say there is anything in particular God has pressed into my heart for this year. I just want to be more aware of what God is doing around me.

C.H. Dyer said...

It sounds to me like you are seeking contentment. It reminds me of the verse in 1 Timothy 6:6, "godliness with contentment is itself great wealth."
Contentment is something that we all need. Along with it comes peace and joy. It is a worthy quest.

Tracy Krauss said...

To eagerly pursue God is a worthy quest indeed. Blessings in the new year

Cindee Snider Re said...

Praying for you, Debra, as you begin this quest with God. May you follow where He leads, soak in His abundant love to overflowing allowing it to spill over and across all those around you. God Bless!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Treasure is my goal this year. To treasure every gift He gives: faith, family, friends, home, job - every moment of this precious thing we call life. Blessings to you on your quest, Debra.

lynnmosher said...

Oh, yes, Debra! I, too, wish to seek those gifts God has hidden in this new year. A wonderfully challenging post. Blessings to you!

Deborah K. Anderson said...

This gave me much to think about, Debra. Thank you so much for sharing.

Terrie said...

Debra, seems the Lord has some good things in mind for us, my quest began a couple months ago and it's learning to love more fully as yours. The Lord guides our path as long as we're listening. Blessings sister!

Scott Fields said...

You haven't given yourself an easy list of goals there . . . but then, one of the things that makes it a "quest" is that it takes a long time to get there. You know that, obviously. It's good that you recognize the road in front of you--and the need to walk it.

Praying for you along the way. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Adam Collings said...

There is no more Christ-like quest than to grow love. I am sure that you have made your heavenly father smile.

Keith Wallis said...

That's some resolution !

Nona King said...

Gift quest! Yay! What a humbling and awe-inspiring quest you find yourself walking. I pray it is a blessing to you and all those destined to be inspired by your result.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates