Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who Was Famous In the 1940s? Want to find them? Be sure to check out the 1940 US Census!

I love history and genealogy. I love the idea of being able to find who my relatives where, where they came from and of course their family secrets. I signed up to be a 1940 Blog Ambassador. What does one do as a 1940 Ambassador? Get the word out to every one that the 1940 US Census. On April 2, 2012, NARA will provide access to the images of the 1940 United States Federal Census for the first time. Unlike previous census years, images of the 1940 US Census will be made available as free digital images.

Today I am blogging about who was famous in the 1940's? I wasn't alive,but my father was and he was in the Navy. Being a Navy boy in the 40's meant having a pin-up girl. The most famous pin-up girl was Betty Grable. She was my dad's pin-up girl. I can remember her pin-up photo graced the family photo album. She was part of the family. I was too young to understand who she really was. I thought she was a relative. It wasn't to years later I found out she was my dad's first love. She was the first love of many boys during WWII.

Thank you Betty Grable for being my dad's first love.



Photo: 20th Century Fox Studio portrait photo of Betty Grable taken for promotional use, by Frank Powolny for 20th Century Fox, 1943. National Archives and Records Administration. Public domain – copyright not renewed


  “Everyone’s in it,” and even famous folk can be found in the 1940 US Census images once they’re released on April 2, 2012!

What's your story?


To find out more check out 1940 US Census Community Project
Check them out on FB and Twitter.

Sponsor Names
Archives
FamilySearch
findmypast.com 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates