Monday, March 19, 2012

Get Ready to Index 1940 U.S. Census and Win an Amazon Gift Card

My daddy Claude Gray Jr. circa. 1943 age 16 or 17
My mother Margaret Ann Patterson circa. 1947 age 16


My husbands mother Ernestine Irene Liles circa.1940 age 5

1940 is calling and your ancestor's are waiting to be discovered. Where did your grandfather or grandmother live in 1940? Were you born in 1940? What about your parent's? Discover where they were by indexing the 1940 U.S. Census. Do your part and you could win a $100 or $50 Amazon gift card.
Gear Up To Index Game (March 19-30)
To qualify for this week’s drawing, you must download the indexing software.
Complete a 1940 U.S. Census simulation batch before 11:59pm MT March 30, 2012.
To complete a practice batch, launch the indexing application from your desktop and log in. Click “Download Batch” and look for *SIMULATION* 1940 U.S. Census.3. To enter the 1940 main blog indexing practice contest click here to enter.

I'm a 1940 Blog Ambassador as well as a 1940 U.S. Census indexer. Why don't you join the project and sign up to become an indexer? Help others find their ancestors.

To learn more click on 1940 Census Project.

Disclosure: “As part of the 1940census.com ambassador program this blog post enters me into a drawing for an Amazon Kindle Fire”

2 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Congratulations Debra!!!! So happy for you! Your posts are great and you are a fantastic Ambassador for the 1940 Census Project.

Sue McPeak said...

PS...I have such similar pictures as these. My Dad was a Sailor, my Mom was as stylish as yours with that dark lipstick...they were so beautiful...and I had my picture taken on that same horse....LOL! Great pictures and post....Sue

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!