Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Communication/Communicate

Today's word for the A-Z Challenge is communication.

Great communication skills equal success! No doubt you must have great, not just good communication skills in order to succeed.

The communication field is ever changing and you must keep up. If you falter, you fail! The days of tin can telephones are long gone. You have to communicate via cell phones and the internet. The communication skills you once had are obsolete. You have to go with the flow. I'll admit, I'm not one who likes change. I don't even like to communicate via any new fangled device, but I have to in order to succeed.

I guess the best way to put it is through the word communicate.

  • Can you hear me now? 
  • Open the channels. 
  • Move in the right direction. 
  • Make yourself known.
  • Understand your audience.
  • Never leave your audience hanging. 
  • Incomplete thoughts lead to incompetent communication. 
  • Choose the right words.
  • Always know what you want to say.
  • Take charge.
  • Envision yourself speaking before you actually communicate your thoughts.

3 comments:

Cindy Dwyer said...

Nice post. Sometimes I think we are on communication overload. No one ever shuts down anymore. At work, people (aka my boss!) expect instant response. I've come back from the ladies room to find her in my office leaving a sticky note on my monitor - after having sent an email and left a voicemail for the same issue.

Instant gratification much?

Sharon said...

This was great; I copied your formula down hope you don't mind! Communication is definitely something I can work on.

Damyanti said...

Great communication skills equal success!

Absolutely.

Look forward to your challenge run…
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates