Great communication skills equal success! No doubt you must have great, not just good communication skills in order to succeed.
The communication field is ever changing and you must keep up. If you falter, you fail! The days of tin can telephones are long gone. You have to communicate via cell phones and the internet. The communication skills you once had are obsolete. You have to go with the flow. I'll admit, I'm not one who likes change. I don't even like to communicate via any new fangled device, but I have to in order to succeed.
I guess the best way to put it is through the word communicate.
- Can you hear me now?
- Open the channels.
- Move in the right direction.
- Make yourself known.
- Understand your audience.
- Never leave your audience hanging.
- Incomplete thoughts lead to incompetent communication.
- Choose the right words.
- Always know what you want to say.
- Take charge.
- Envision yourself speaking before you actually communicate your thoughts.