Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Initiative

When I started working on today's post I wasn't sure which I word I would use to talk about success. There are many words that could be used as tools, but I want to talk about one of the most important I word: initiative.

Success cannot be success without initiative. All you will get is failure. You want to succeed, but can't if you do nothing. You have to be like the "Little Engine that Could." You have to be like the ant who moved the rubber tree plant. You have to have initiative.

If the Little Engine thought he couldn't he never would have. He had the initiative to try, even if he failed.

The ant is tiny, but with initiative it moved a rubber tree plant. The ant could have failed, but he tried and succeeded.

If you want to succeed you have to try. Have the initiative to try. You never know if you don't!

6 comments:

Lynn Proctor said...

haha i love the ant song--great reminder!

Karen Hill said...

What a lovely positive post. Hope you enjoy the rest of the A to Z Challenge.

catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com said...

I do feel like an ant some days lol. Great post!

Damyanti said...

I was waiting for someone to use this word for today's post, and you did!

Look forward to your challenge run…
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Sela Toki said...

Wow, this is the word I need to start out my day to-day. Initiative. I'm loving this blog.

blissflower1969 said...

The ant that moved the rubber tree plant--- I hadn't thought about that song in years! It was one of my favorites when I was a kid, and Grandma used to sing it all the time. Thanks for the memory.

Good luck with the rest of the A to Z challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!