Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Attitude

Today is the first day of the A-Z Challenge 2012. My theme is focused on leadership. Today's word is attitude.  Attitude is everything! It makes you or breaks you. Your attitude decides whether you fail or succeed.

One of the most important keys to great leadership is attitude. Great leadership is all about positive attitude. A great leader isn't a Negative Nellie/Ned. A great leader is a Positive Polly/Percy.

Zig Ziglar is a great leader because of his great attitude. He is successful because of his can-do attitude.

When you choose to be pleasant and positive in the way you treat others, you have also chosen, in most cases, how you are going to be treated by others. ~Zig Ziglar

"Life can be lousy, but you don't have to have a lousy attitude about it." Debra Elliott

If you want to be a great leader, you need to have the Be-attitudes:
Be outstanding!
Be positive!
Be believable!
Be motivating!
Be yourself!

Have the "Have a great day" attitude and you will be a great leader.

The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude. ~William James


For more about leadership and attitude check out personal leadership development.

11 comments:

The Hopeful Romantic said...

Oh I love the theme - amazing the varied approaches people are taking. I feel very inspired in feel this is a great post to start with. Thank you and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

Darlene Steelman said...

Great post! Glad to have found you through the Writers Digest group. I am in on the A0Z Challenge as well.

See you around!

Kelly Hashway said...

Attitude IS everything. Great post!

Diane Carlisle said...

Attitude is very important. If I come across someone with a bad attitude, I turn the other way, in search of bright, cheerful ones. I value my energy too much to allow a bad attitude to steal it away.

RideToFight said...

Very inspiring and unique theme idea. x

MAJK said...

Attitude is often a self-fulfilling prophecy. Good work on this post. Looking forward to more from you in the A to Z challenge.

~MAJK~

Myne Whitman said...

I like your theme and look forward to it.

Nikky44 said...

Attitude can change the whole situation!

Sharon said...

I definitely agree with you about attitude, and attitude starts with our thoughts.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love to hear Zig speak. I feel so much like "YES, I can!" after I listen to his talks. But, in the end, I am a very bashful person and not outgoing at all. I sometimes think that if I could visit him in person, he might be the one person that could change that. He's a terrific motivator.

Have a great day!

Masquerade Crew said...

What a lovely theme! And attitude is a great place to start. Nothing else matters if your attitude stinks.

I get discouraged a lot (mostly because of being Bipolar), but my current book review project gives me lots of opportunities to be positive, and I've met lots of wonderful people.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!