Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shazam! Guess Who I Found in the 1940 U.S. Census

Jim Nabors From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now you're probably wondering why I would want to find Jim Nabors on the 1940 U.S. Census? Well, there's a story behind my curiosity.  You see my mother and aunts grew up in Sylacauga Alabama and my mother and my Aunt Louise were best bud's with him. I wanted to find him on the census in the hope's I would find my mother as well.

James Thurston "Jim" Nabors (born June 12, 1930) is an American actor and singer. Nabors was born to Mavis and Fred Nabors in Sylacauga, Alabama, where he sang for his high school and church.

I could tell you a few stories about what they did as kids, but I promised my mom and aunt I would never disparage Jim Nabors.

What famous person is lurking in your family tree?


Source citation: 1940 U.S. census, Tallegega County, Alabama, Syalcauga(City),Precinct 11,Ward 1, E.D.# 62-27, Enumerated April 4th,1940, Jimmy T. Nabors, age 9.
Image from http://stevemorse.org/census/unified.html


Now if I can only find my mom?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates