Friday, October 26, 2012

Blurb from 'From the Ashes of Pity into the Beauty of Purpose


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

When I began my journey out of the ashes of pity into the beauty of purpose I had no formal direction. At the age of sixteen I had an unplanned abortion that left me unable to cope with realities of life. I quickly found myself drowning in a quagmire of drugs and unprotected sex. I no longer cared about myself, those close to me, or even God. I shut down and shut out.
I was lost on a path to nowhere headed toward the road of destruction. After my abortion I hid deep within my soul. I became a dead soul. Love was no longer part of me. It was dead as well.
For several years I hungered for affection. I was starved for something I felt I didn't deserve. I left God on the side of the road, but He never left me. God took me on many journey's before I found my way back.
Through those journey's, He never left. He guided me into the woman I am now. I traveled down many roads to discover what God wanted and what I needed. I climbed out of the ashes of pity and into the beauty of purpose.
I faltered and failed, but God picked me up and showed me where I needed to be. He showed me I could turn my ashes into beauty, I had purpose, and I COULD learn to live again.
This book is not about me or my abortion. It is about YOU! Every woman at some point in her life has suffered, hurt, and lost their way. This book was born out of my suffering to help you realize there is hope. God loves you. You can get through the journey, you can climb out of the ashes, you can find your purpose, and you can learn to live again.

4 comments:

Diane Carlisle said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post. Thanks for sharing such a personal part of you in helping others.

Ink in the Book said...

This will be such an AMAZING book. There will be hearts and lives you will touch and I hope it is soon:)

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Debra
Nice to meet you. This is so true and beautifully written. I'm sure this story will inspire young women to have hope and faith. It has inspired me.
Nancy

Johnny Velazquez, PhD said...

Your post is a welcome relief to those who feel all alone, and without hope. Thank you for indicating that no matter how harsh our situation might be, God is there for you. He is just a prayer away. Blessings.
My links:
http://www.patilla37.blogspot.com
http://www.parrillaturi.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates