Wednesday, October 24, 2012

From my book From the Ashes of Pity Into the Beauty of Purpose


After my abortion I found myself going through many “journeys”. I lost sight of who I was and rode an emotional roller coaster. My journeys have been many. Finding myself after my abortion
took me down many paths. I suffered, grieved, hated, and lost focus of myself and my life.


It wasn't until recently I crawled out of the depths of

 “self-pity” quicksand. I couldn't be where I am today without one constant presence in my life: GOD!


He had been in my life all along, but I couldn't see Him because of my “demons”. He never left me. He was a mainstay in my life.


God has directed my thoughts in writing this book. He has given me hope and led me through my “journeys”, just as He will give you hope and clear the path for you to forge onward in your many journeys.


You will go through the healing process, find forgiveness , find you have value as a child of God, learn to respect yourself, build your confidence, and be content in your “new” life.

5 comments:

Ink in the Book said...

Oooo! Is this the book you are going to work on during the workshop?

Morgan said...

Whew. That will be a doozy, but such a ministry to others. God bless you in this new journey! :) Visiting from WOE.

finallyawriter said...

Very nicely done!

Jenna said...

So glad you wrote these beautiful words. You and I belong to a sad sisterhood. We are precious and forgiven.

Yvonne said...

God works in mysterious ways, yes he does! I was meant to read this tonight. I needed to read this line in particular, "...find forgiveness, find you have value as a child of God, learn to respect yourself, build your confidence, and be content in your "new" life." -Thank you for writing this. I am in tears because it spoke to me, in ways you will never know.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!