Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Centus-the leaves

Jenny Matlock
 
Saturday Centus is hosted by Jenny Matlock.
 
PROMPT: "The leaves crunched under my boots until they didn't."
WORD COUNT - Not to exceed 109 (including the prompt)

STYLE OF WRITING - First person
PICTURES - Any additional

The leaves crunched under my feet until they didn't....their crispness faded when I stomped them into the wet, muddy ground. I didn't want their reminder of another time. Autumn was my worst season. It was a time when things changed, when new became old...like me.

Memories that once were sharp as a tack, now where like the pieces of leaves I had crushed into oblivion. Orange, brown, and yellow memories crunched under my feet. They swirled and turned from beauty into ashes. Just like the Autumn wind blew in another direction, the leaves crunched under my feet until they didn't.
 


10 comments:

Gail said...

Excellent!

anitamombanita said...

I love the way you wrapped this piece with the prompt for emphasis.

Karen S. said...

Bravo, a completely wonderful story all about you, or a first person speaking! Nicely done, you showed me all the way...in friendly and warm autumn shades!

Dulcina said...

Very well written, Debra.
Sharp memories became ashes, crushed like leaves into oblivion...

lissa said...

kind of sad way of looking at time, still a great use of the prompt.

have a great day.

Judie said...

Beautifully written, Debra. Excellent use of the prompt!

nimaruichi said...

Nicely done. Love the pic too.

lily white english rose said...

thanks for linking up with the aloha friday blog hop, have a great week and hope you'll join us again next friday :D

˙·٠•●❤Sh@KiR@ ❤●•٠·˙ said...

So beautifully written...from the beginning to the ending ,you wrapped up a great story. I truly enjoyed it. Thank you so much.Mine is here
Have you a ROCKING AND BLESSED WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira

Jenny said...

Oh Debra.

This was powerful.

I loved this.

What perfect word crafting.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates