Friday, October 12, 2012

Trifextra: Week Thirty-Seven ...On the count of three...

This week I am entering the Trifextra challenge. I found this challenge by accident and I can't resist a challenge, especially this one...

The challenge:This weekend we are challenging you to write 33 of your own words to build upon the following:
On the count of three...
You can choose to include those words if you want, but they do not count toward the 33 words of your own.

Here's my take...

On the count of three...that's how I wound up in this hell hole. Three was my lucky number, that was until I shot my wife on our third anniversary. My number was up and I got thirty-three.

10 comments:

Laura Eitniear said...

Wow, dark, nice take on the prompt! I enjoyed this piece!

flipsiderecords said...

Yikes. That's not a happy ending!

Zoe Childs said...

Wow. Excellent little creation here.

Bo said...

how perfect! Great for trifecta.

Draug said...

Well...lots of time to decide on a new lucky number, at least. :)

lumdog2012 said...

Great short story in 33 words!

lindavernon said...

Those three strikes laws are a real bummer! :D Well done! :D

jannatwrites said...

Yikes! If three was a lucky number, I'd hate to see what effect an unlucky number would have :)

karen said...

Depressing. And clever. Poor sad sack.

Trifecta said...

Ooooo. We got a bit crazy for the number three around here, making this a fast favorite. Thanks so much for linking up this weekend. Welcome aboard! Hope to see you back for our weekly challenge, starting Monday.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!