Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Peace of My Mind

My "life" job is to have the same attitude of Christ. Recent events in our nation made me ponder whether everyone does. Christ loves everyone. He loves regardless of color of skin. He loves the Jew, the Catholic, and the Muslim. He loves the poor, middle class, and the rich. Christ loves the straight and gay. He loves the prostitute. the gang banger, and the drug addict.

Christ also loves the homeless and that's what my rant is about today. Here lately a lot had been said about legalizing pot, gay rights, and the middle class, but somewhere along the way the poor and homeless have been swept under the rug. Our nation has become a sea of homelessness. It's sad that our government has turned a blind eye to what is happening.

 It's also sad when the bible tells you to help thy neighbor without motive or question and people still don't get it. It's sad when a stranger will help quicker than family. It's sad when a child goes to bed hungry or a homeless person sleeps out in the cold.

I love my country and my freedoms, but my country is going to Hell in a hand-basket because we are no longer a nation of "In God We Trust", but autocratic instead of altruistic.

1 comments:

Tammy Theriault said...

amen...great post! inspiring

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!