Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Resurrection Blogfest and 3rd Anniversary of My Blog

Today is Resurrection Blogfest hosted by Mina Lobo over at Some Dark Romantic.
This blogfest is is celebration of her 1 year blog anniversary. Today bloggers join forces and post something from their very first year of blogging.

This is perfect timing for me as today is my 3rd blog anniversary. Three years ago I decided to jump into the blogging world and created my very first blog. Three years later I have 7 blogs.

My 1st year as a blogger was hell. I wrote three posts in that 1st month and had fewer followers. My blog has seen many changes in three years. I've changed the name twice, deleted my blog twice and stopped posting for several months. I went through a lot of changes as well. I've grown as a writer in three years as my blog as grown.

I have a pretty good fan following and my writing style has changed over the years,bur I still stay true to who I am as a person and writer.

I am proud of that very 1st post. It showcased who I am as a writer and helped me get through all the jitters of blogging.

Here is my very first post November 8th, 2009:

Knock Upon My Door


On this page you will find Christian poetry I have written:



The Lord's Mercy


Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. 
Jude 1:2 NIV

Shower me with your love, O Lord...
Let mercy rain down on me.

Shower me with your peace, O Lord...
Let mercy hear my plea.

Shower me with your love, O Lord...
Let mercy set me free.

Shower me with your peace, O Lord
Let mercy pay my fee.

Shower me with tender mercy, O Lord...
give me love and peace.




Yea, Though I Walk


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk
through the valley of death...
Jesus is with me through my 
last breath.

He is there to guide... 
my fear will subside.

Yea, though I walk
through the shadows of doubt...
Jesus is with me
throughout.

He is there to lead...
He is all I need.

  
  
Lord, You Are My Harbor 
  
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe

Proverbs 18:10

Lord, you are my harbor
always protecting and guiding...
In you I am always
abiding...

Lord, you are my harbor
my light, my beacon...
In you I am always
seeking...

Lord, you are my harbor
in the darkness of my prison...
In you I am always
forgiven...

2 comments:

Chris Fries said...

Hi! Visiting from the Resurrection blogfest!

Very inspirational poetry. I'm very glad you stuck with the blogging!

Mina Lobo said...

Happy 3rd Blog Anniversary to you! And thanks for participating in my blogfest!
Some Dark Romantic

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates