Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Death of Writers Digest Community

I was saddened to learn that on November 30th Writers Digest Community will close its doors. It is home to over 12,000 writers who get together and share their thoughts, opinions, and ideas. We are a close knit group and I'm going to miss all my online writing buddy's.

Writer's Digest Community has become my writing home. I enjoy conversing with other writers. I will miss them dearly.

I received this email this morning about the announcement:

Hey WD Community Members,
It's with a heavy heart that I announce that the WD Community site on the Ning network (this site) is coming to an end on November 30. We're glad this site was able to help so many writers connect with each other, and we wanted to make this announcement early enough so you have time to copy any of the content you placed on this site that you want to keep because on November 30 the site will be shut down and all content will be gone.

Thanks again for making the WD Community site on the Ning network  such a fun and inspiring place. We hope to carry on the writing conversations over at WritersDigest.com.
Take care of yourself and your writing,
Brian
Online Editor
Writer's Digest



1 comments:

Erica Pike said...

Do you know why they're closing?

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates