Monday, December 24, 2012

Searching for Sara, book launch blog tour


Searching for Sara is not your run of the mill "romance", as the romantic feelings between Christopher and Sara are but a small facet of the story. Searching for Sara is the story of two people who face their daily tortures of fear and grief to find happiness.

Sara Little has an intimate knowledge of fear, faith her only constant. Then God calls her to put aside her past to pursue a life beyond servitude for the English aristocracy. A life in America.
Christopher Lake exists in a daily void of agony and grief, stripped of his wife, their unborn son, and his passion for art. All that remains to tempt him to live is that of his five-year-old daughter. But after almost two years of wallowing in sorrow and rage, even that is spent.

Searching for Sara is the tale of how these two people discover healing and laughter by following the call of their hearts to help others. You can read more about Nona's book at the following link.


Searching For Sara excerpt:

Mr. Lake halted the cart between their chairs and began the task of preparing two

cups before Sara could offer. “Do you prefer sugar or honey in your coffee?” he asked

as he poured. “Will you want cream?”

Sara stared, bewildered. “I….”

He set down the carafe. “You have never tried coffee, have you?”

Sara gave a slight shake to her head, humiliation tightening her throat.

“Ah. A first.”

“Sir?”

Mr. Lake presented her the cup and saucer. “It is hot, so take care.”

She gazed down into the deep richness. The strong aroma reminding her of home,

but a different side of the memory. Sara gingerly tilted the cup to draw in a tiny sip. The

flavor was full and powerful, though a hint of bitterness caused a wrinkle of nose.

“Never have I witnessed such a complete exploration.” He chuckled. “The verdict?”

“Sir?”

“Your first experience? How did coffee fare?”

“It is wonderful, sir. It only needs a bit of cream and honey to soften it.”

“So I have won you over.” Mr. Lake added the cream and honey and returned her

cup. “Believe it or not, coffee is either liked or disliked. Though, some enjoy the aroma.

The way of opinions, I suppose. Teddy once commented coffee is like a punch in the

mouth.”

She took another sip. The sweetness of the honey and the silky smoothness of the

cream enhanced the richness brought a smile. “I love it.”

“To coffee.” Mr. Lake lifted his cup toward her. “Quick may it grow, rich may it brew,

and dark may it pour.”

Sara laughed, her cheeks burning at the unexpected emotion of ease. It felt unlike

anything she remembered. Simple. Comfortable. Another separation from her old life.

“Do you realize you called me ‘sir’ at least twelve times in this brief conversation? I

do believe you only said ‘Mr. Lake’ twice.”

Sara blinked at him.

He sipped his coffee, his examination of her launching her into a mild panic. His

expression seemed a mixture of seriousness and that hint of mischief. “Not once did

you even attempt to stumble over ‘Mr. Christopher’. You could say it once, couldn’t you?

If only to prove you consider the possibility.”

“I….” Sara’s eyes strayed to the doorway. “I do try to remember, Mr.—”

“Mr. Christopher.”

“M-M-Mister….” To her shame, her cup rattled against the saucer.

“Oh dear.” He set aside his coffee. “Sara, I apologize. As you can see, I am a pest.

More so than usual this morning. Dix would banish me from the house if she were

present.”

Sara gawked at him. She could count on one hand the times she received an

apology.

“I am sorry,” he said again.

A clear tone of regret rang in his voice. Sara offered a small smile. “It is fine… Mr.

C-Christopher.”

He blinked. Then his handsome face relaxed. “That wasn’t so difficult, was it? The

world has not ended. You are still there. I am still here.”

Sara found herself laughing.


An interview with Nona:

























Tell us about your newly released book, Searching for Sara. Is it part of a series?

Searching for Sara is the story of two people who face their daily tortures of fear and grief to
find happiness. And, yes, it is part of a series. The Heart of the Blessed. Each book in the Blessed
series is dedicated to a part of the “Beatitudes” from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount taken from the
book of Matthew (Matt. 5:3-12). Searching for Sara focuses on verses 4 (mourn) and 5 (meek).
Releasing Yesterday, the sequel due out December 2013, will focus on verses 7 (merciful) and
9 (peacemakers). The final book, Broken Angel, is inspired by verses 3 (poor in spirit) and 6
(righteous). There may come two more books to the series, but at present those are the only
books finished and I have other projects more complete than a vague impression. :)

Did you learn anything along the way as you wrote Searching for Sara?

In writing Searching for Sara I discovered so many different things about myself and my
own struggle with fear. Sara became my hero, my inspiration to become more than I was. An
encouragement to continue walking forward in determination, comforted by faith. Sara taught me
a deeper truth about love, compassion, and forgiveness.

Why did you choose to write Searching for Sara as a historical romance rather than setting
the story in a modern time? What drew you to the era?

Searching for Sara was intended as a sequel to Broken Angel (not yet released), which is another
historical romance, but set in the 1880s. I grew up reading Barbara Cartland regency romances,
so it didn’t seem out of the ordinary for me to write a Victorian-era romance at all. In fact, I love
writing period pieces. They can be so lush and wonderful, like a fairy tale.

What are a few of your favorite parts/scenes of the book?
I enjoyed writing the scenes between Sara and Christopher’s five-year-old daughter, Gwynnie.
Not having children of my own, it gave me an opportunity to write a different type of devotion.
Another favorite were the scenes between Sara and Christopher when she helps him rediscover
his inspiration for art. God used those scenes to show me how the meek could be strong.

For you personally, what is the best thing about being a writer? What is the worst?

The best thing about being a writer is the new worlds, passions, and characters I meet with each
novel. They teach me so much about myself and how I should (and should not) treat/relate to
others. Writing gives me the opportunity to see a cause & effect in action, and allows me a safe
place to experiment with other people’s lives. HAH!

The worst thing about being a writer - besides not having enough time in the day - is sometimes
not having confidence enough to usher my novels outside. That was a fear I battled far too long
before my recent determination to experience the failures and successes of the writer’s life. After
all, sometimes we can only learn when we fall flat on our faces.

Thanks, Debra, for letting me stop by and talk writing!

ABOUT NONA KING
Nona King is an independent writing professional for Angel Breath Books. She has dedicated
herself to writing true-to-life characters, be they villain or hero, so her readers can experience
life and its many passions. All her stories focus on faith, honor, and the importance of
communication and trust in our relationships with others.

ABOUT SEARCHING FOR SARA
Sara Little has ached to live in America. But being born of a single mother in London’s working
class, she could only dream. Drawn to the possibility of a new beginning, she follows God’s
whisper into the unknown. But more awaits than the realization of her dreams. Caught in the
whirlwind of debuts and dinner parties, she has fallen in love with the one man she believes
doesn’t deserve.

Now on sale for 99 cents for ALL digital editions! Find the links at the ‘Searching for Sara’ page on
Nona’s website!

Enter to win a copy of Searching for Sara:
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Disclosure: I received a copy of Searching for Sara to review. Words are Timeless is not responsible for the giveaway. 

2 comments:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Sounds like Nona has a successful series on her hands!

Misha Gericke said...

I love the sound of this story. The excerpt warmed my heart.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates